One thing after another
But all good things!
Zoop! exceeded all my expectations. It was two days of good friends, unbelievably good sets of music by John Darnielle and co, animals to pet but not to eat, waterfalls, and general outsideness. My only regret was that we missed out on the late night jam session round the fire with John on Sunday.



We had to leave Watkins Glen early so I could get back to start my summer as a counselor. I'm lead counselor for the six year olds and so far it's been awesome. It certainly helps to have three fantastic girls working with me. We went to the aquarium on Thursday and as always I was enthralled by the aquarium. I must go back some time soon!
I dropped my summer class and I'm so happy! Now I just have to work on rearranging my fall schedule.
On Thursday, Jay, my one and only Pitt pal, Dena, and I went to a Sherman Alexie talk and booksigning. He was almost as funny in person as he is in his writing. I only say "almost" because his work is some of the funniest (and heartbreaking) stuff I've ever read. It was a real treat.
I finally made it to the Space Gallery to see the show Jen curated. Good stuff, a lot of what we had already looked at in class, but cool to see in person.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home