San Francisco!
I spent last weekend in San Francisco. I've been there at least once every two years since I moved back from Oakland in 2001, and every time I visit, I love it a little bit more. It's sad, right before I left, I had made peace with the idea that Jay and I may settle down in Pittsburgh for a good while, and I really do love it here, but gosh dangit, San Francisco is such a wonderful city! I had a nicely packed weekend: saw two great concerts, almost got blown away by the Pacific Ocean, saw a Coen brother's double feature at the gorgeous Castro theater, ate way too much good food, talked a lot about movies with Leroy, played bingo, saw my old roomie Krista, hung around the Mission, rode a lot of public transportation,went to an indie craft show, possibly broke my toe, read a good deal, woke up early, occasionally stayed up late, and loved every second.

Must get ipod Touch before next flight! C'mon, is this for real?

Bow and arrow sculpture

Sabre-toothed tiger eating the Bay Bridge!!!

Mural in the Mission.

Night of the Bikes! Apparently, once a month a huge group of folks on bikes ride through the city and yell. It looked fun.

Mr Darnielle, incredible as always : ) Jeffrey Lewis opened for him and I fell in love.

My favorite fountain. I have pictures from this place back when I was living in Oakland and Leroy, the best host took us there. He actually arranged that we could go everywhere that we mentioned we would like to see.

Me and T.

A real life spoon man, although probably not the kind Mr. Cornell sang about. I honestly could have looked at his wares for an hour but I had a dinner reservation I had to rush off to. (and I asked him before I took this photo, I'm not too into shooting on the sly)

There were jellies all over the beach.
We walked probably a half mile down an extremely windy beach to see this. It was closed for renovations. Awesome.
They had an organ player in between the movies at the Castro!
No cameras allowed at She & Him, so this is the only picture I got. Zooey was adorable and obviously nervous, M Ward was incredible as always!


5 Comments:
your weekend looked like much fun! i wish i could join in on some of that!
I like the one of you and the jelly.
I mean I do!
Spoon man is my favorite! Awesome composition.
I can just see you saying "jellies!"
sorry about the toe, though.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home