I'm nearing the end of the third week of camp. Unbridled enthusiasm is dwindling as reality settles in. Seven-year old girls are forming cliques (in a group that only has six girls!), kids who were perfect the first two weeks are proving to be challenges, and some issues are just plain out of my capabilities. I fell asleep at 9pm last night and I'm remembering how much forty hour weeks take out of me, especially when they are spent with kids. None of this is to say that I'm not enjoying camp; despite many frustrations, I can say without any reservations that this is the best job I've ever had and I'm sad that three weeks of eight are almost up. It's been absolutely incredible to work with the same children from last summer and see how drastically some of them have changed and a day does not go by that leave work without giving me something to smile about.


1 Comments:
8 weeks! Awesome...although I can't imagine anything more exhausting. I used to run a one week retreat...afterwards I'd come home and sleep 12 hrs./night for the next week.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home