a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life has been nonstop as of late. Camp has been consuming most of my life but in a good way. The time has flown by: only a week of regular camp left and then overnight camp then it's all over for another year. My beloved co-counselor, Ms. Sheena, had her last day yesterday and my heart is all broken. It's been wonderful to work with someone who is equally passionate about the kids we work with. She's heading to New Orleans where I'm sure she's going to do all sorts of awesome things, but she will be missed.

Too many good friends are leaving: Amy will be heading off to Virginia in two weeks (and I feel pretty bad because I most likely gave her a cold that developed into a form of pneumonia!) and Kim is leaving for Japan this week and I'm stuck at work instead of attending her going away party : ( With so many people leaving to do so many different things, I find myself more frequently mulling over the thought of Jay and I shoving off. Part of me really wants to go somewhere else and experience new things. There are a lot of areas I imagine we could be quite happy in: the Bay Area, the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, or even some places a bit closer like Philadelphia, Baltimore, or D.C. I feel like any of those places would be a welcome change of pace, but at that same time I definitely have a strong attachment to Pittsburgh and feel like I should just commit myself to things here. Despite all my issues with this city, I do love it and feel like instead of uprooting ourselves to live somewhere more desirable I should get involved with things that are happening here and do whatever small part i can do to make this the place that I want it to be. I'll putting a lot more thought into all of this over the next few months for sure!


Last weekend, Teresa, Jason and I went to a wedding in Erie and got to reconnect with some old pals I haven't seen in many years, so instead of the awful small talk that usually occurs at wedding receptions, we actually had a great conversation. It was unexpected and very nice. Of course, they were living in Pittsburgh up until a couple of months ago when they moved back to Erie. Sad. It's also sad that I was so close to Lake Erie but did not get to put my toes in it.

We saw Pineapple Express and The Dark Knight in the span of three days and now there are no more summer movies to anticipate. But we'll most definitely see them both again very soon!

I just read over what I wrote and realized I sound kind of down and out, but the truth is I'm pretty happy and excited about life these days.

I may add pictures to this later, but considering the pace of my life recently, I'm guessing probably not : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home