I'm at work and a little boy from Puerto Rico has been in and out of my office all day. This is the third or fourth time since working here that I've really kicked myself for not trying harder to work on spanish or keep my french fresh. At the same time, there is a joy in interacting with someone with whom you don't share a common language, you have to rely on gestures and pictures. This is especially fun with children especially since they are more willing to be creative in their communication and aren't afraid of doing things that may look foolish. This particular little boy has a wide array of methods of communicating and relishes in them all. Earlier I was reading and I looked up to see him looking in the window of the office. When I looked up, he winked at me and to make sure I saw the wink he pointed at his eye. It was the best.


1 Comments:
I don't think the importance of a wink translates from Spanish to English very well.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home