a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A few weeks ago I spent some time reading my archive and it made me regret my lack of blogging over the last few months. I can't use a dirth of events as an excuse, nor can I chalk it up to not having time; I am working full time but I'm free 4pm-whenever I want to go to bed (which has been alarmingly early these days, I don't like it). Rather, I think it is a matter of me feeling lazy, especially when it comes to expressing myself. I read random blogs from time to time and some people can churn out quite a few well written paragraphs nearly everyday. While I've been told I'm a good writer and have considered being a writer (I think almost anyone who enjoys reading does at least briefly consider it), I don't really ever have the strong desire to sit down and write for an hour or so. Occasionally I will be presented with ideas so compelling or feelings so intense that I feel as though I must write, but otherwise writing is always hard work for me. Even to write a few sentences here every other day feels like such a task. I want to say that I'll make a better effort, or at least keep up with writing in my journal, but it almost feels like the same resolution I have about exercise-when I actually make myself do it, I feel that, Yes, this is good , I need to do this, but the feeling is never sustained until the next day. I know this is where discipline comes in. We'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check your blog for new postings once every week or so! You should write more. :)

-Seth

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home