a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Treat


Apple Pumpkin Seed Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 c. peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar (I use demerara for all my baking)
1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. oats
1 good-sized apple, cored and minced (I don't believe in peeling apples)
3 Tbs margrine
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 c. almond milk (any kind of milk would work but I'm quite partial to almond)
1/3 c. pumpkin seeds (I used the salted variety)

Mix the margarine with the peanut butter. Add the sugar, half the flour, milk, and baking soda. Once this is well mixed add the remaining ingredients. When you scoop these guys onto a cookie sheet, make sure you squash them down a little so they bake evenly. Bake at 350 until they look done (10-15 mins.) and enjoy!

The next time I make these, I think I'm going to add a little apple sauce and maybe a little flax seed as an egg-replacer so they aren't as crumbly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemeyer said...

They were good to eat for me.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home