a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Saturday, March 07, 2009

I think my ipod is dead. I've had it since August 2004. Does anyone know if this is good, bad, or average?

I've been subbing a lot and I'm really enjoying it. I know it's quite different from actually teaching (no lesson plans to write,no school politics to deal with, no real commitment), but it's making me reconsider teaching. We'll see.

My photography class is also going well, despite the fact that at our last critique we ran out of time before we could get to my photos. The peer critique is definitely one of the most useful parts of the course, but there's no assurance that we'll get through everyone's work. Next time I'm just going to have to be super aggressive and get my work up on the board early!

Yesterday had a wonderful feeling of newness and exuberance. It seems like there is one day each year, about this time of year, that feels like the start of the year, that everyone has suddenly woken up from the lethargy of winter. Joints are loosened and eyes are open. Jump ropes are rediscovered and ornery kids who usually greet you with a stuck out tongue smile instead. Everyone has an easier time smiling and conversation is natural and optimistic. Call it the miracle of spring or just some sort of chemical reaction in our brains due to the warmth and fresh air; regardless, it is far and away my favorite day of the year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

you have described it!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Rosemeyer said...

That day was really good. I remember it.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home