a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's alive!

Scratch that about my ipod being dead, I came home from work tonight and found it alive and well, just in need of a good charging. Not sure why it happened, but it happened one other time about three years ago when Jay and I were going to New York with his parents for the weekend and I was dreading listening to the Duets soundtrack the entire trip there and back.

Also, I debated writing about this earlier and didn't, but since I can't stop thinking about it, here it is: a few nights ago, I fell asleep in the living room on the loveseat. I was probably asleep for only several minutes when I looked up and saw Jason standing over me. It was dark and I couldn't make out his face or any details. I was about to tell him I was going to come to bed when I realized it definitely was not Jason, but some faceless figure. He started shimmering and then dissolved from his head down. I called out for Jason a couple of times, but he was sleeping like the sweet baby he is in our bedroom, so I went to bed, woke him up and told him about it. The strangest thing was that I didn't feel scared at all, not while it happened or afterward. There was no clear distinction between seeing this and suddenly waking up. I think it is probably related to sleep paralysis, which I've had episodes of since I was a teenager(and have had an episode as recently as a month ago). The only difference is that with all my previous experiences, I've been completely terrified, but as I said before, I didn't feel afraid at all when this happened the other night.

Somewhat related to that, I passed out at work on Friday. A little girl ran into my knee with her scooter and I as I became lightheaded, I warned the kids around me that I might pass out. I must have come to rather quickly, because no one noticed and as soon as I sat up the little girl who ran into me asked if I could take her picture and an older boy I was talking to asked me if I had ever owned any pets other than a cat or a dog. I tried to ask them if I had fallen down or just laid down (since I didn't remember) and for how long I had laid there for, but they ignored me and persisted with their requests/questions.

I wonder if there is a link between my passing out, migraines, and sleep paralysis. I should probably look into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemeyer said...

I'm worried about you. See a doc!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home