It's the day before my classes start and as usual, I want to make the most of my last day of freedom but have no idea what to do. I spent most of the day like a fool on the computer reading about books and movies instead of reading books I have or watching movies I have, and looking at places I'd like to travel to rather than actually seeing what is going on right here. This all made me a little stir crazy so I decided about an hour ago to take a walk and see what the neighborhood had to give. Here's what was out there:
The very first thing I saw upon walking out my front door was this:
Now I am normally a person that cringes at photographs of sunflowers, there aren't too many things that are more cliche, and even this one makes me feel a bit like a sad girl, but here's the deal: the flower was given to me when it was still a small little plant. It was grown by one of the older kids at camp. They did not want to carry it home and offered it to me , as a way to get it off his hands. Since nearly all the plants in our group's room had died, I was happy to take one that was thriving. That was about a month ago and just yesterday I noticed that it was about to bloom, but didn't expect it to happen so soon.I found this little fellow in the garbage not too long after we moved in. I love him.
This lost dog flyer is all over the neighborhood. It's rain-streaked and sad.
This dog gets to hang out on a porch all day. You'd think he would have gotten over the excitement of someone walking under him. Nope. I've actually been wanting to take a picture of him for a while and I'm not pleased with this, but luckily, he's just a block away.
There's two of these classic barber shops within a ten minute walk from my apartment. Too bad I wouldn't be welcome there!

The place to be.

My walk was filled with dogs.
Bunny in the parsley.
Can you see the little tree peaking out?

I'm afraid that once I have my own house the yard will be completely populated by plastic animals of all sorts. I promise I will never have any of those geese or little boys peeing into the bushes.

Queen Anne's Lace. one of my all time favorites.

My own giraffe welcoming me back.
It was a pleasant little walk and a good reminder to always keep your eyes open for little things.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home