this should go on the dream blog.
Last night I was finishing up some reading for school when I noticed something moving across the carpet. It was tiny- about the size of my fingernail- and nearly transparent. Upon closer investigation, I discovered it was a baby centipede. Since my run in with a huge adult centipede in my tub a few months ago, these creepy invertebrates have become my sworn enemy. This one escaped, but a moment later I spotted another ghostly form scurrying across the floor and I did it in. I felt slightly bad about killing a youngster, but the thought of our apartment overrun with centipedes was too much for me to take. It wasn't until a few hours later that I realized how much that idea truly disturbed me.
I went to bed around 1am and drifted off into a peaceful sleep. The next thing I knew I was bolting up out of my bed screaming. Jason, of course, woke up and tried to calm me down and figure out what was wrong. I was really confused but yelled, half unconsciously, "There's a centipede on my face!" as I frantically swiped my hands over my head and through my hair. I backed out of the room utterly terrified. I was certain I had felt something creeping along my hairline. I stood in the hallway literally trembling in fear when I noticed a long thick dark line on my pillow. I was convinced was the mother of that baby I had smashed earlier. The line slowly moved down my pillow making its way toward me to extract its revenge.
Fortunately, Jason was very good-humored and calm for someone who was just awoken from deep sleep by hysterical shrieks (which I can imagine would be almost as unnerving as thinking there was a giant creepy-crawly on your face). He convinced me that there was no centipede anywhere on me and then checked our entire bed for any signs of the beastie. I realized the dark ominous shape on my pillow was actually just a shadow and when I very cautiously returned to bed I found the source of the crawling sensation had been a thread coming out of a seam in my pillowcase that must have rubbed across my face. I should have just felt silly and gone back to sleep like Jason so easily did, but I could not stop shaking and spent a good forty-five minutes smacking at the tinglings of the ghost of the baby centipede and his vengeful brothers and sisters crawling up and down my legs.


2 Comments:
woah!
man that creeped me out just reading it!
just discovered your blog. it's awesome
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home