a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Friday, November 14, 2008

Jose Luis Cuevas


I'm doing a presentation on one of my absolute favorite photographers, Graciela Iturbide, and in the process of researching her life, I've discovered some fantastic Mexican artists, including Jose Luis Cuevas. He's apparently a really big deal in Mexico, but I lamentably know very little about Mexican art beyond Frida Kalho and Diego Rivera. This is a portrait of him by Graciela:


It's always one of my hopes that once the insanity of the end of the semester dies down, that I'll pursue the little things that catch my interest in the midst of doing final projects and papers. I'd love to learn more about Mexican art and Mexico in general. Someday soon I'd love to take a trip there, but I think maybe I'd like to hold off on that until I make some progress in my lame attempt to learn Spanish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home