I promise this is better than it sounds...
Once upon a time, I worked at a certain somewhat southern fast food joint that served a very unappetizingly-named menu item: carrot raisin salad. Besides raisins, which I rarely like (my one exception is oatmeal raisin cookies-yum!), this salad featured several other untantalizing ingredients, the worst of which was mayo. I used to hate making it until I tried it, and realized that somehow this unlikely mess of ingredients was amazingly tasty. Since I quite working there I forgot all about it, until today...
I was preparing a golden beet and carrot bake (which I can't wait to try!) and I decided to experiment with a cube of beet and a cube of carrot to make a tiny raw salad. The result was way better than I could have imagined! Here's a photo and the recipe:

World's Smallest Carrot Golden Beet Raisin Salad
1 1/2 inch cube of golden beet
1 1/2 inch cube of carrot
1 teensy splash of balsamic vinegar
the juice of one wedge of a clementine
4 raisins
Grate the root cubes. Add the raisins. Squeeze the wedge of the clementine into the mix. Carefully drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over it all and mix.
Of course you can increase the amounts of everything to make a bigger salad! I plan on making a much bigger batch of this sometime in the very near future.


1 Comments:
haha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home