a tunnel from my window to yours

my little life

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I have the sinus infection from hell. I can barely hear and my voice is going fast. Yesterday I was actually happy when I realized I had a sinus infection because for the past two days I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me-I had bad headaches and was terribly dizzy. I can deal with sinus infections but, man oh man, are they miserable.

Despite this, I had a really great day yesterday. For the first time, I felt like I could possibly enjoy my world film history class. We watched The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, which is one of the creepiest movies ever in my book, and part of Nosferatu, another silent movie creepfest.
Childhood's Books is my treat at the end of my long Wednesday, last night we discussed Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I haven't read it since I was nine or ten and I throughly enjoyed it, although I don't remember it being so short.

I think almost equally interesting as revisiting children's literature such as Carroll's and Hans Christian Andersen is learning more about the authors themselves. For the past few days, I've been enjoying a short biography of Andersen.

Finally, after class Jay and I met James and Kim to see a documentary called Strange Culture. Overall, it was excellent. It did have some reenactments at the beginning that I wasn't crazy about, but later in the film the actors talked about the actual people they were portraying which ended up being an interesting aspect of the film. It fit right in with the days' theme of creepy movies. Read about it here. Certainly one of the best films I've seen all year.

After the film, we went out for some tasty bites and good conversation.

It was nearly a perfect day other than feeling so sick. Unfortunately, I received some very sad news at the very end of the day that made me feel almost guilty for being so happy and in love with life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Fat Jones said...

i'm sorry you've got a sinus infection. i hate being sick. i also miss you friends very much.

i'm also sorry to hear that you had a run in with some sad news. i had some of that lately, too.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home